my favourite things

  • wwe(tv series)
  • wrestling(real life)
  • exercise
  • cars
  • hardy boys book series

which eglish soccer club will win the premier league this year?

Thursday, January 28, 2010

wrestlemaniac!(english assignment)

I am a wrestle maniac and i am proud!Wow,catchy isn't it?Well the history of wrestling knowledge in my family goes down a long time.
My PARENTS used to watch wrestling in the early days!What a shocker,they saw old time favourites,such as hulk hogan and Mr.perfect(you do not need to know).Wrestling in those days was quite different than the wrestling of today as the olden wrestling was more of the wrestling than entertainment.For example,superstars won based on talent,and not storyline.Although there was a little storyline to spice up the action in those days,it is vise versa in the present wrestling empire of today.From,world wide wrestling federation(the early days),to world wrestling federation(i started watching wrestling as a small child already),to the current world wrestling entertainment,the wrestling legacy has transpired into the dream of every one's heart
today.
my brothers started watching wrestling earlier than me,duh because they are 7 and 12 years older,respectively.They brought the wrestling fever into my young mind when i was just three when i moved in to my new house.Then,it was called world wrestling federation.So as a young child i saw blood,violence and pain week in and week out until i got used to me and just transcended into my blood as from puking,i started to enjoy the show.Then,wrestling was a little obscene(you do not need to know)and vulgar but i did not understand it as i was too young.Soon,the older batch of superstars that i had admired,loved and known moved away to become movie stars and retire.That was when the new generation of superstars moved in.Although they had a hard time then,now they are the role models,leaders and the best of the best now.

Once the company changed its name to world wrestling entertainment(WWE),soon it went to a PG show,with only mild language(i don't mind),and mild violence(terrible,the show had lost its meaning)but the love i have for the tradition of the company and its current stage will never change. But there is one rule my brothers and i have broken constantly.Before the show starts they will advertise in big words,"even these superstars end up seriously injured,so please don't try this at home".But we have been wrestling for a decade.

I have cried,screamed and withered in pain several times and so have my brothers,we had minor cuts and injuries.As advertised the injuries can get serious and it had happened a few times.For example,i had bone injuries that lasted up to weeks,my brother could not walk properly for a few days and i even have an hip injury that lasts till today(shh!don't tell my mother)and many more.Well it can be dangerous as i have fought a ladder match(WWE,trademark)jumped off it and onto my brother,used wooden chairs and much more.We have broken countless item,such as beds,cupboards,chairs,mirrors,drawers(several times and got our fair share of punishment)
Although it might be excruciating,disturbing ,dangerous,i will always love wrestling and it is very important to me and is my way of life and an ever burning passion.I have been a wrestle maniac for the past 11 years and will always be a wrestle maniac!

No comments:

Post a Comment